Sunday, December 29, 2013

Time for a New Years post

In the event that you lost track of time, or spent the last 13 years in a bunker, New Years is coming up. And with it comes all kinds of intentions and pledges, or "resolutions" if you will, to do, well, things in the coming 365. Some people want to go to the gym. Others want to get a new job. Yet others want to run a marathon. And finally, yet more people want to make broad stroked changes in their life. Whatever your goal is, I hope that you find the strength and commitment to follow it through.

Not me, though. I ain't takin' part in all that.

(A perfect example of my standard resolution for the past few years)

I dunno. Maybe it's just me, but I've always found it difficult with following through with New Years resolutions. Save money? Meh. There's so much cool stuff I can buy! Lost 5 lbs? But I like that 5 lbs attached to my body! I don't wanna lose it, because then what happens if I need it? It'll be impossible to find, that's what. Forget about my past mistakes? Sure! That way I can press on to greater mistakes!

In all seriousness though, or for them punk kids and their lingo, "for cereal," my goals for the coming year are pretty simple, and that's because I think it's much easier to set a dozen or so smaller goals for the coming year. Then, when you're riding high off of your success, you'll continue to push yourself to accomplish yet more feats. See? That straight up makes sense right there! So, without further ado, my goals for the 2-0-1-4 are as follows:




1) I live in San Diego. It is always time to be bike riding. So all of the times that I'm not bi-cycle riding, is when I should be riding.






2) Buy one of these. I apologize for not linking to these guys in my cyclists Christmas buying guide. But to be honest, I wanted to keep these all to myself. Then I thought about what how Jensie would feel, so I decided to share after all.

3) Race more. This one is pretty simple. Though this also means I need to figure out when I'm going to sleep, because there's races ALL THE TIMES. 

4) Go to the The Broken Yolk, then order and consume their "Broken Yolk Iron Man and Iron Woman Special." For the uninitiated, it is described as such: "A dozen-egg omelet filled with mushrooms, onions and American cheese smothered with our own house-made chili and more cheese. Served on a 15-inch pizza pan with a generous pile of home fries and two biscuits. No substitutions please. **For one person only and there is one-hour time limit. Winners will go down in history on our Hall of Fame Plaque. GO FOR IT!!!" That sounds pretty easy.

5) A double century. Because I'm masochistic. And I want to lay down the hurt on some friends.






6) Buy more bike stuff (not like that's a surprise!). Specifically, jeans that fit. I mean, I can't be the only cyclist that has this problem, can I?










7) Fix up my single speed. Race it against guys with gears. Beat them. Then drink their tears of sorrow.

8) Don't crash. Especially not on or around the June 15th. Maybe I'll talk about this in a future blog post, but that week in June has it out for me. So I'd just rather avoid it, if I can.






9) Maybe shave my legs before race season starts? Meh. Maybe not. I dunno. That sounds like a lot of work, and I only have three spare blades right now.






10) I dunno. I'll leave this one open. 


What do you guys think my final resolution should be? And what are your resolutions? Do you want to learn a foreign language? Eat a whole pizza by yourself? Maybe eat a whole pizza while learning a new language? Let me know in the comments, guys! Till the next one, ride safe, and keep the rubber side down!

No comments:

Post a Comment